Monday, June 23, 2008

Bad Planning

One should never plan to send a daughter to college and end a 7 year period of homeschooling during the wonderful *cough, cough* time of peri-menopause. Can you say mood swings!! emotional outbursts!! food cravings (well, I had to throw that in)!! Seriously, I would not have done a single thing differently, and my kids (though far from perfect) gave me the most perfect gift with the most perfect words, "Mom, you have prepared us for life and showed us how to live like a Christian in the real world. You have taught us by example and we will never forget what you have done for us. No one can ever take that away from us." There was more but I couldn't see from all the tears. Every time I pick up the cards to read them, I cry before I can even start. And I grab a piece of chocolate before I get my tissues. By the time I can really sit down and read these beautiful offerings to me, I'll be sending a second child to college and running off to the Mall for a size 14 pants. No one told me how hard this would be. I remember my mother threw a party when I left for the joy of it all (jk). . .but . . . maybe a party would cheer me up . . . . chocolate cake with chocolate filling and icing of course, brownies, cream puffs, strong coffee and maybe some mint chip ice cream .................... what do ya think?

4 comments:

Robin said...

Sounds like you've done a great job! Enjoy your cake :)

Life Adapted said...

Thank you:)

:)De said...

I am so there! When's the party?
:)De

Life Adapted said...

YOU'RE INVITED!! How far are you from northern NJ? It's Friday night :) Bring a lawn chair for yourself and a blanket for the kids.