Monday, June 2, 2008

Shhhhh

Whatever you do, don't talk to the x-ray technician who is performing your mammogram. This is how it may go.

technician: "Lean forward, stand up straight, lift your head. . . good."

me: "Ouch........"

technician: "Oh sorry, just a minute."

me: (trying to make small talk to distract myself from the pain) "Nice necklace."

technician: "Oh thanks. My friend, she lives in Chicago, had a jewelery party and I didn't really want to go. But, you know, you have to go and you have to buy something. And the funny thing is I didn't even like this necklace, but it wasn't too expensive so I bought it. And now, whenever I wear it I get so many compliments. Isn't that funny?"

me: "My breast is blue."

10 comments:

Robin said...

I know I shouldn't be laughing, but...

Thanks for the words of wisdom :)

Life Adapted said...

My daughters have scolded my for this posting. . . but I'm glad to make you laugh:)

Alicia said...

you are really scarring me. I'm not looking forward to those days.
:) so sorry...I'll remember to not get anyone conversing.

Life Adapted said...

Alicia, thanks for stopping by. Don't be too scared, just be quiet ;)

:)De said...

LOL I am cracking up (all while feeling sorry for your overly smashed breast!) Thank you for your kind words. Will you miss having the children home? I feel a little empty nest just hearing about yours going off into the world. What will you do now? Have a great nite/day!
:)De

Life Adapted said...

:)De, I will totally miss the kids! These have been the best years of my life and a time I will cherish and treasure forever. What will I do? It's funny because I have this feeling that God has some kind of plan brewing that He has not let me in on yet. I feel like I should not make any decisions right now. I do know I will clean my house like it's never been clean before and just wait till I get to my husband's office. . .
I will live vicariously through the blogs of other homeschooling Moms ;) Be blessed!!

Indian Lake Papa said...

I am glad I stopped by. I always like to keep abreast of what is going on in blog land.

Indian Lake Papa said...

By the way, next year call me. I would be glad to sit with you during your exam and we could talk - that way the technician would not be distracted.

Life Adapted said...

Papa, I knew I oculd count on you...........

Indian Lake Papa said...

Heh Heh!