Monday, June 30, 2008

On Graduation Parties

On Graduation Parties - I think our high school graduates ought to give the parents a party rather than the other way around. It is in my humble opinion that the parents deserve to have a party thrown in their honor. I mean, who drove them to school, picked them up at the bus stop, made the lunches, bought the outfits, helped them study chemistry and mathematics, proof read the papers, prayed over the school, the teachers, the students, sent in pie on pi day and donuts to the secretaries, attended band concerts, choir concerts, awards ceremonies, conferences, plays and class trips, and who, may I ask, pays the taxes? Who homeschooled their senior because she didn't want to go back to public school? Really, what do the kids actually do? Yes, they get up every morning ready for the day. Yes, they do their homework and yes, they attend each and every class. And yes, they pass all their tests and they study for every exam. Yes, they write all their reports and essays and type each one out. And yes, they attend all their practices and performances. Yes, they far exceeded my expectations . . . okay, so a small party may be appropriate for their efforts . . . but 60 people??!! Is that really necessary???

5 comments:

Robin said...

I think we should throw YOU a party! You are right the parents deserve the party. Maybe it could be a joint party for the parents and the child.

Life Adapted said...

Joint parties are only joint in the actually party part - who plans the menu, weeds the gardens, vacuums the steps and irons the table cloths? Of course, that is all by choice because I'm a control freak. I really am happy to give my daughter a party, she has worked hard. What's the latest and the greatest on you and baby?

Robin said...

Oh I understand the CF tendency... enough said...

As for me and little one no update yet - I see the doctor on Wednesday. If you'd like to pray I've been having sciatic pain shooting down my right leg. Hard to get comfortable. I'll update more after my appointment.

Life Adapted said...

Hey Robin, I will be praying about the sciatic pain - have you tried elevating the leg? a body pillow? simple stretches (ask doctor first)? Therma care heat pads (they stay warm for about 8 hours!)? I'll look for your update on Wed. Be Blessed

Robin said...

My husband helped me do some streching last night, but it didn't relieve the pain. I used to use therma care heat wraps religiously (except I didn't use them for 8 hours - try 24 - they are so expensive that I got every zap of energy from them and 24 was the amount of time I needed for relief anyhow). I can't use heat now unless its in 10 minute blocks. I think I'm going to try ice today. I'll update sometime tomorrow after my appointment. Thank you so much for your prayers!