Monday, June 23, 2008

What's For Dinner?

I think my family is under the mistaken impression that I have been diagnosed with a serious illness. Why else would they make dinner three nights in a row? Why else would they give me gifts? Why else would they water the garden without asking? Please don't tell them that the only thing wrong with me is peri-menopause. I mean, how would they know? (It's not like I talk about it or anything!) I don't even care that 2 of the 3 nights we had hot dogs and turkey burgers, I'm just glad not to be the one cooking. Of course, if I were the one cooking, we'd never have hot dogs and hamburgers on the same night. You see, hot dogs are a meal for one night and hamburgers are a meal for another night. But, again, since I'm not doing the meal planning, who cares? I mean, I really don't even care that we didn't have a vegetable for 3 nights or that french fries are loaded with fat. Well, I care a little bit, but I'd be sick to say so, right? Maybe I really am sick and they know something I don't, and maybe I have been diagnosed with some serious illness, and maybe the doctors told them and not me or maybe they just love me .........

4 comments:

Robin said...

I'm guessing they just love you :) Enjoy the shower of their kindness.

Life Adapted said...

Robin, I'm going with the love thing, too!!

Indian Lake Papa said...

Maybe they want money - Love ????? NaaaaH !

Life Adapted said...

Thanks Papa!! I'm still going with the love thing :)