Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Bart

Do you like the name Bartholomew? Bart for short? Bartholomew is credited with saying only three things in the Bible. First, he said to Philip, "Can anything good come out of Nazareth?" (ahh, yeah) Then he said to Jesus, "How do You know me?" And then he said, "You are the Son of God! The King of Israel!" That's it. He was one of the 12 Apostles and was martyred for his faith. Jesus said to him, "In you there is no deceit!" Are you warming up to the name? I am and really that's a good thing because Bart is the name of our next Seeing Eye puppy!! He's not due to be released until Thanksgiving morning, but we are getting him on Tuesday. Since the Seeing Eye NEVER releases a puppy before it's time, my son is convinced he is a trouble-maker and The Seeing Eye is releasing him to us early just to get rid of him. Me, I think they trust my son. His first puppy went home with his new owner last Saturday, a blind man from Georgia. They made it home in time for Thanksgiving - how apropos. As for Bart, I can't wait to meet him. I hope he is like Bartholomew of the Bible, a puppy of a very few words................

7 comments:

Robin said...

What a neat ministry your son and family have training the dogs.

Will Pop Pop be there for Thanksgiving?

:)De said...

Do you guys get to name the puppies you get? I think that is such a neat service you do. How did you get into it?

Peace,
:)De

P.S.
todays word verification is "sweatin" Now that I can spell! LOL

Life Adapted said...

Sadly Robin, Pop-Pop is sick. He has a cold and is needing treatment for his breathing (he has congestive heart failure). So, he will not be with us for Thanksgiving. He will be with us again in December. Thanks for caring :)

:)De, no we don't get to name the puppies. If we send in a check for $5,000.00 then we could name the puppy! If you're interested in learning more about raising a puppy, find a local 4-H Club and see if they have a puppy club, if not, contact the Seeing Eye (they are in Morristown, NJ, but can be contacted through their website). They will give you as much information as you'd like. The SE is all about offering independence and dignity to the blind. The dogs are proud and happy to be working dogs. I'll post a picture of Bart when we get him. Be blessed.

Indian Lake Papa said...

Good luck with your puppy - mama is very busy with her pet - me! I am house broke, but I am getting older, we won't go there! For $5000.00 you could change my name too! Send cash!

Life Adapted said...

How does Wisenhiemer sound to you, Papa?

Robin said...

Sorry to hear Pop Pop won't be there for Thanksgiving and about his congestive heart failure. My mother was diagnosed with that about two years ago (Feb 2007). She has good and bad times.

I like the name you chose for Papa :)

Life Adapted said...

But do you think Papa will like it, Robin? Take good care of yourself and your family - I keep waiting to hear news........Be so blessed.