Sunday, November 23, 2008

Etc. etc. etc.

Now that my daughter is at college, I can write stories about her that she can't delete. Heh -heh-heh. . .

When my kids were young we read a lot!! We went to the library weekly and took out 10 books each (the maximum allowed,) and we belonged to a children's book club and received new books monthly. We went to story hour at the library every Friday morning. We read all kinds of stories and poetry, children's books and novellas. We were, however, discretionary. There were books about a certain bear family that I refused to read to the children. The father bear was an idiot and always doing something stupid. He was lazy, ate too much, never helped in the kitchen, forgot to take out the garbage and watched too much TV. I said, "Uh-uh, no way are we reading these books; he's a poor example. . . etc. etc. etc."

So, one Friday morning we went to the library for story hour. I had my youngest in an infant seat, my middle child with her "dolla" and my oldest, with her books and markers and pads (to take notes I guess?) 1, 3, and 5 years old. The presenter got up and said, "We are reading some ***** Bear books today!" My 5 year old stands up and announces in a too high voice, "We don't read those books because my mother said the father is a boob!" It's always in the "etc. etc. etc." that I get myself in trouble................

8 comments:

:)De said...

LOL! See...they listen to us!

Peace,
:)De

Life Adapted said...

:)De, Why do they hear when you call someone a boob ONCE, but don't hear it when you tell them to clean their rooms a thousand times??!!
Peace back at ya.

Anonymous said...

I don't mind this story- you see it's less about me and much more about you. ;-) And excuse me, but *I* am the clean daughter. In fact I passed white glove room inspections today with flying colors thank you very much!

See you soon :-)!

Life Adapted said...

Honey, your room at home wouldn't pass a brown glove inspection! But, I am so happy that the folks at school are getting the best of you. I am proud of you! Love you

Anonymous said...

That was most definitely a backhanded compliment... *pout* I do too keep my room clean at home! (Even if I don't make my bed all the time *cough*) ;-)

Love you too <3

Life Adapted said...

Wait - what?

Anonymous said...

Okay Sha-nay-nay...

I don't know what you're confused about- I will explain tomorrow. :-D

Robin said...

Very funny :)

Love the comentary between you and your daughter too :)

I hope you all have a wonderful time together celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow!