Sunday, September 13, 2009

Mom's Little Outburst

Isn't it curious how menopause coincides with raising teenagers?!?! I mean, menopause to a teenager is just a convenient excuse to explain "mom's outbursts." Teenagers love to think, "mom's over-reacting and just having a hot flash." Well, here's a shout out to all you teenagers out there - Mama ain't just having a hot flash, she is hopping mad and it has nothing to do with raging hormones or her internal temperature. It's all about parenting little monsters disguised as teenagers. The parent of a teenager survives on super charged senses. It's really a cruel twist of nature - the only way to survive raising a teenager is to be so keen in the skills that others call paranoia. "What's that smell? Did I see you in that car? Who wants to know? What's that noise? Where are you going and who are you going with and who else is going to be there?" Do teenagers seriously think we ask these questions because we're "paranoid" or "controlling"? (Yes, they do.) It's a tough world out there cupcake, and only a concerned (my word of choice) parent who asks all the right questions will get you through it okay. So, the next time mom tells you to go to the doctor, check your brakes, stay away from that girl, stop at the intersection, or eat your vegetables, please, by all means, LISTEN.

6 comments:

:)De said...

Ha Ha! This afternoon I was taking a little rest and actually heard one of the little boys turning the pages of a magazine in their room (down the hall at the complete opposite end of the house). I shouted out, "James, put that magazine away and finish reading your book!" to which I heard scrambling to put it away. My 11 year comes to me later and said, "How did you know that James was reading a magazine and not his book?" I told her, "Secret Mommy powers!"

If only we could use that power to benefit us with chocolates and money! LOL!

Peace

Parsley said...

Now that's funny. I wonder...what does one do when mom AND her teenage daughter are having those hormonal issues LOL. Have a peaceful week.

Life Adapted said...

Ha-ha :)De - I love it. Just wait until they are all teenagers and they will first say they're not reading a magazine, then they're say, why can't I real a magazine if I want to, then they're say it's an educational magazine and by then your head will be spinning which is their goal. You'll flip out (rightfully so) and they'll say "Mama must be having a hot flash." That's when you go all "Serena" on them and say you will shove the magazine down their throat. . . heehee - ain't parenting grand : ) BTW, pass the chocolate, please.

Be ever so blessed.

Life Adapted said...

Parsely, you pack 2 bags - fill one with educational materials and one with chocolate. Give one to the girl child and one to yourself. Head for the hills in opposite directions and make sure you get the bag with chocolate.

jk - you just love each other through it. You pamper her and teach her how to pamper you. Read to her a chapter of her favorite book while she makes you a cup of tea. Works like a charm.

Be ever so blessed.

Parsley said...

Good idea. I love my daughter so much and even though she's going through a rough teen 'tude stage, I know she's going to be okay because she's God's girl first, mine second.

Blessings to you dear friend.

Verne said...

First time at your blog. I will certainly return. I am a teacher too. Am 42 years old and wondering what the hot flashes will feel like when they hit me. It is good to praise the Lord. May His love and grace fill you to overflowing. Take care.