Saturday, September 19, 2009

PS to Go Figure

I apparently overlooked an important skill of mine and now realize that I am very qualified for another awesome job. The United Nations needs a Peacemaker. Now, that I know I can do. If I can gather the five members of my family around one table for dinner without disastrous effects, then I am an awe-inspiring Peacemaker. United Nations, look out! I figure if I can tell daughter #1 she has a curfew and daughter #2 that a bomb seriously blew up in her room and then tell the boy that spending time with that girl is like sipping poison and then smile at my husband asking him to pray over the meal - I must have some serious talent. It takes a certain kind of savvy to keep peace in a household with very opinionated members. Plus I totally understand the issues of territory and privacy . . . to a degree :) I can even make a doable schedule for sharing computer time and phone time with 3 teenagers (don't try this alone). I know I can make nations of the world play nicely together after just one shared meal of macaroni and meatballs. I'd say, "There is no need for nuclear weapons at the table and the next one with an outburst can just take their plate and eat their macaroni and meatballs on the kitchen floor with the dog." And it wouldn't be the first time I've asked guests to leave their electronics and weapons at the front door. And if they all behave I'll even serve Grandma's famous 1-2-3 cake for dessert. What do you think?

2 comments:

Parsley said...

I think you should apply for the job. ;)

Indian Lake Papa said...

If it requires a vote - you have mine!