Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My Way Or The Highway

It would be a lot easier becoming the woman I want to be if the people around me weren't so annoying. If everyone else became the people I wanted them to be then it'd be a breeze for me to become a better me. I'd have no reason to learn patience if everyone did as I said when I said it. I'd have no reason to whine if no one ever asked anything of me. I'd have no reason for curbing my tongue if people knew how to drive. I'd have no reason to raise my voice if people just listen. I could be a great woman - a great mother, wife, friend, volunteer if everyone just did things my way. My daughter once said to me, "It's not even your way or the highway, Mom, because the highway isn't even an option." She said, "It's your way or no way!" She thought I'd be flustered. I said, "It's about time you figured that out!" Now, if I could get everyone else to figure it out I'd be good to go. But, alas, I guess it's easier to improve myself than it is to change the world. The things a woman does to improve mankind . . . I wonder if there is a lesson on pride . . .

: )

4 comments:

R.M. Jackson said...

LOL! I am sure there's a lesson on pride in there somewhere, but it should probably be closer to the front, since that is the root of all our woes... don't you think?

I have you in my Google Reader, but I just had to pop over here to leave you a comment... this one resonated with me. (I'm laughing through my tears! Oooh boy! LOL!)

Life Adapted said...

Hi Ruth, thanks for your comment and your honesty - I always love to hear from you. I am praying you are happy and well.

Be ever so blessed.

Indian Lake Papa said...

It sounds like you need to take the class I teach at ladies retreats:

"What every husband wishes his wife knew about being obedient!"

Parsley said...

Strong willed are we my friend? LOL We all understand this on some level.