Friday, May 28, 2010

Do The Next Right Thing & Keep Walking

I have had a reconciliation with my pedometer. In fact, we are the best of friends. I am sorry that I let it fall . . . under my foot . . . three times. The surface is a little scratched up, but other than that, it is behaving like a trusted friend. I have set the stride to the correct number (30 inches) and I now wear it on my waist in the right spot. I found if I wear it too far to the left it only registers 1/2 my steps. If I wear it in the middle of my waist it counts only random steps. So, I wear it just where it counts all my steps. I have given myself a challenge to see if I can walk 10,000 steps a day. That's about 5 miles. Did you know that I have over a mile of carpet in my house? I did not know that until I wore my pedometer while I vacuumed. For three days I walked over 10,000 steps - well, sort of. Every time I bend over to pick a strawberry I get credit for a step. In reality, it's not really a step, but who am I to argue with my new best friend? I know there are some really good analogies in all of this, but I am so emotionally drained that I can't think of any. At some later time I will share why this has been an emotional time, but until then please pray for God to watch over His children. If you see any analogies in this, please share them with me. I could use a good analogy right about now.

2 comments:

Parsley said...

I have a private blog now in addition to my old one. If you think you'd like to be included, I just need an email from you saying so.

You can still see my antics on seasonsofmymind but I'm not as personal on it anymore. sigh...

Indian Lake Papa said...

Psalm 37:23