Saturday, August 9, 2008

Geography Lesson

So, I have travel anxiety. Most people who know me know this, but not everyone believes me or takes me seriously. But the truth of the matter is that I get myself so worked up before I take a trip that I am near hysterics. My poor family puts up with me. . . . .but, wait- if they didn't make such uber plans, I wouldn't get such uber anxiety. I mean, how many of you can say you've been to Craters of The Moon? Or The City of Rocks? Or The Lewis and Clark Caverns? Or The Astoria Column? Or Orifino, Arco, Hagerman Fossil Bed, Baker City, Eblem????? What are we, a bunch of freaks or something? Who goes from New Jersey to WallaWalla just because a second grader says she wants to? Yellowstone, Yosemite, The Bridge of the Gods, The Needles Highway (can you say car sick?!). It's no wonder I get anxious, I live with a bunch of a nuts. . . . . . .well, they are fun to be with and I guess if they left it up to me we'd never leave the state. (Well, that's not entirely true, I do love the Poconos.) So, if you think of it, pray for me, we leave in an hour and sometime tonight we will be in Ogden and then at Hebgen Lake and then rubbing elbows with the elk in Yellowstone. Maybe Jesus will come while we're in Yellowstone and I won't ever have to get back on that plane ;)

6 comments:

Robin said...

Your family sounds like a lot of fun as do you! Such an unboring household to grow up in.

Try to think happy thoughts while traveling - have a great trip - I will have to live vicariously for now...

Life Adapted said...

Oh Robin, thank you - so good to get one last encouragement before we leave. Boring is not a word anyone would use for our family. We have been very blessed - can't wait to share our experience with you when we get back.

Take care of that bundle of joy.

Be so blessed.

Robin said...

Hope your travels are going well! You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Indian Lake Papa said...

We once spent 3 weeks in yelloswtone - w/ 4 teenage foster boys we were in our mid 20's! Loved iT! enjoy!

Life Adapted said...

Hi Robin and Papa, we LOVE Yellowstone! The Sea Monkeys were interesting, too. All a part of God's creation. Thanks for the well wishes and prayers.

Be blessed and be well.

Robin said...

Glad to hear you made it safely to your destination. Looking forward to hearing all your "crazy" fun stories when you are back and posting away. I hope you have some pictures too.