Saturday, August 16, 2008

Smile



This peaceful spot is in Yellowstone National Park. It's the Fire Hole River. The river is fed by springs that boil up out of the ground and run down a winding path. We picnicked here. Us, the wildlife, the peace, the sounds of the river rushing past us. My son had a satisfying meal of hot dogs and marshmallows cooked over an open fire that he built. We sat in the sun with the cool breeze blowing by. Nothing to disturb our well-being. Just at this quiet reflective moment my son let out a burp so loud that we heard car tires squeal to a halt, they thought for sure they had just stumbled upon a wild animal along the river. My son smiled, waved, got his picture taken and all was right in the world.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Boys will be boys - so they say.

Embarrassing story from my life:

When I was in college one summer I worked on the grounds crew and I mowed the open areas with a Massey Fergusson tractor and a brush hog... Well one day as I was mowing (think very, very noisy) I sneezed and a passerby walking turned back to look at me because I sneezed so loud.