Tuesday, August 12, 2008

On Birthdays and Sea Monkeys

For anyone who is unsure that my family is crazy . . . this should clear that up for you. My 49th birthday was Sunday. We were in Ogden, Utah (don't ask) and I woke up in a lovely room surrounded by my wonderful family - free continental breakfast (the staff fills all the food items to "just filled" and it is their goal to keep it like that. Well, my 14 year old son who eats like a stravin' animal had the staff following him around with boxes of food to replace all that he took). Then my family took me to Antelope Island. Ever hear of it? I didn't think so. It's in the north east end of The Great Salt Lake. Us and about 12 others had the same idea of floating in the lake. The lake is so salty that you literately can't sink. I sat on my husband's floating body and he didn't go under. The only thing that survives in the lake are sea monkeys. Yes, folks, for my birthday I floated in the Great Salt Lake with my family, 12 strangers and a billion, gazillion SEA MONKEYS! Another memorable birthday - thanks family.

We are now in Yellowstone and it's magnificent. I am here with the love of my life and our 3 offspring. There is no place I'd rather be and no one I'd rather be with.

4 comments:

:)De said...

I thought I saw a picture of your 14 year old up next to a picture of my 15 year old at the hotel where they offer free continental breackfast! LOL Enjoy the rest of your trip.
:)De

Life Adapted said...

Hahahaha - Their pictures had a big red slash across their faces. Thanks for your well wishes. Be blessed.

Indian Lake Papa said...

Life just ain't too bad is it ??!!!

Robin said...

Sounds like you are having a great time - I'd like to see a picture of a sea monkey.

Happy belated birthday!