Saturday, September 13, 2008

Pop-Pop's Room



This is Pop-Pop's room. This is what we did to set it up. We moved the upstairs furniture downstairs and the downstairs furniture upstairs - don't even ask, just trust me when I say it's a better fit. To our home we added a bed, a dresser, a TV (btw, we had cable TV for exactly 72 hours before the kids fought over the remote and got grounded for 48 hours from the . . . the . . . evil viewing box. I watched a news program that followed the trial of a husband whose wife was "accidentally" shot in the back with a hunting arrow - yeah, the jury didn't buy it either - and an episode of Wife Swap . . . there goes 2 hours of my life that I'll never get back. . .) and soon (tomorrow) we'll add a man. We've added grab bars, lights, curtains, shades, a bookcase and a coffee pot. We washed the windows - inside and out - cleared the yard of all sticks and twigs and debris that could be tripped on. We stocked the kitchen with healthy foods and dusted off the board games. It has been a labor of love and we are ready . . . I think.

5 comments:

Robin said...

I can't remember if I commented or not already - don't think I did...

Very cool what you are doing/have done to make your home easier for Pop Pop!

I smiled when I read your words...
"there goes 2 hours of my life that I'll never get back. . ." because I've said the same thing after borrowing a DVD from the library and I keep hoping it gets better (as in having a plot or point) and it hasn't...

Indian Lake Papa said...

In a few years can I move in with pop-pop?? it sounds cool!! oh, do I have to cook ???

Life Adapted said...

Papa, if you can cook, you can come now!!!

Robin said...

Actually I bet we could all fit better at the camp ground in Michigan :) Or we'd have to build on at your place :)

Indian Lake Papa said...

Hey - come on up!! mama can cook!! She hates it - but she will do it for papa!lol