Monday, September 1, 2008

Don't Look Down

Don't look down. This is my new favorite expression. Don't look down. Keep your eyes on Jesus. Look up! My friend told me she just read that when seniors begin to look down when they walk, because they are in fear of falling, looking down becomes a bad habit. When you look down, you may prevent yourself from stumbling on a stone or a crack in the sidewalk, but you are now in danger of walking into a much bigger object that can cause harm. I love this analogy. When we look down (where Jesus ain't) we are in danger of walking into harmful situations. But if we look up (where Jesus is) we walk right into His Presence, where peace, love, mercy and justice are. My friends, I'm keeping my eyes on Jesus, I'm looking up! Don't look down.

10 comments:

Robin said...

Great post - Great advice! Love the picture - gorgeous!

:)De said...

Very nice post. You are so chocked full of edifying words.
Peace,
:)De

Life Adapted said...

Thanks girls for the support!!

Anonymous said...

That's great. I love it.

:)De said...

I had to come back for seconds as I used your blog in part of our lesson today. In 5th grade Bible class we are studying Christian basics and our verse today was Hebrews 12:1-3. We were talking about having goals and pressing towards the mark and she said that "If you are gonna try to get to Jesus you should make sure you look to see where He is." Wow! That sounded just like your post so I read it to her today and she really liked it. That child of mine has a certain discernment that surprises me at time. Thanks for "joining" us in class today!

Peace,
:)De

Life Adapted said...

:)De, thank you so much for the encouraging words. I'm so glad that I'm not alone on the journey. Keep up the good work with your kids. Be blessed.

Renee, be so blessed today.

Indian Lake Papa said...

I am a senior - but I don't look down. I look straight ahead - is that okay? :) I look up when I am stopped - unless birds are flying overhead! lol Sometimes I look to the side - Jesus walks with me always.

Life Adapted said...

Papa, yBe blessed.ou're adorable - you just keep looking where ever you're looking.

Carol said...

Great words of wisdom here! You have a good blog...short lessons of wisdom. Sure glad you started blogging!

Life Adapted said...

Thanks Carol - I often read your comments on Papa's blog - he's a hoot! Be blessed.