Thursday, September 18, 2008

What's That Smell?

A few days ago we smelled something funky in the hallway. I was kind of thinking it was Pop-Pop because he told me that now that he takes so much medicine and that he is getting old (getting? I say) that he has . . . uh - gas. But after a few hours it started to smell worse. I asked Pop-Pop if needed the bathroom. "No." I asked my son if he needed the bathroom. "No." I asked my husband if he needed the bathroom. "No." Then what is that smell??? After some sniffing around we determined that something must have crawled into the wall behind the closet and died. We (when I say we I mean my husband) sawed a hole in the wall. There we found a dead mole. That mole stunk so bad. I sprayed everything with Lysol. Now everything smells like dead mole and Lysol (and a little like . . . uh - gas). It's a gross combination! We can't do anything to cover up that stink. We just have to wait until the closet airs out. Here's the application. Sometimes we have stink (sin) in our life. We have to sniff out that stink, expose it, air it out and never try to cover it up. Covering it up only makes it smell worse. So, where's the stink in your life?

5 comments:

Robin said...

Great post! You have a wonderful way of telling a story and then bringing it right back in the face of a reader - that's a good thing. Thanks for sharing and making me laugh and making me think!

You give us the spoonful of sugar that makes the medicine easier to take :)

:)De said...

First let me say, "EEEWWWWW". Next, "Good morning" and thank you for the thoughts.
Peace,
:)De

Life Adapted said...

Thanks girls for always reading my blog and being so encouraging. Have a wonderful day. Be blessed.

Anonymous said...

OK, so I know exactly what you mean. Every couple of months there is this smell between my bed and my big walk in closet. It is a black hole that varmits fall into and can't get out before expiring.....and then lingering......I thought it was symbolic because it is right behind my old marriage bed and my marriage issues came in cycles, like every couple of months. Can you please send Pete over with a tool (maybe a chainsaw) to eliminate that whole wall? I'm ready to move on from the cycles......and no, I dont' think the wall is eightbearing......
I Love your style of writing, JH

Life Adapted said...

J, let's get that stink out in the open!!! How many rooms should we air out? ;) You are so ready to move forward - love and blessings.