Monday, September 8, 2008

Resolved - Listen More, Speak Less

For those of you who think my New Year's Resolutions are merely random thoughts (which is all of you) put into poetic form (well, actually nobody thinks that except me), here's a piece of advice from me to you from Jesus via the New King James Version of The Bible:

"But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned." Matthew 12:36-37

Friends . . . listen more, speak less . . . .

3 comments:

Robin said...

Heavy duty...

I'm sick now and it hurts to talk and I was put in a situation where I would have defended myself and probably got very frustrated and I just didn't have the voice or the strength to do it and guess what the situation diffused rather quickly...just goes to show that my trying to explain or defend doesn't do much to diffuse (of course I knew that already...its just hard to live it out...). Pray God helps me live the words of this verse!!!!

Carol said...

I am constantly reminded to "shut up!"....just listen, quit talking. Why is that such a hard lesson to learn? Thanks for this post!

Life Adapted said...

Why do you think I talk so much about talking less? It's because I know it's right, but I've got it all wrong. Recognition is the first step in solving a problem, right? Well, we're both well on our way then. :) Thanks for reading my blog. Be blessed.