Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Day The Angels Helped - Part II

. . . With our bucket, mop, broom, rags and cleaning supplies we went to Nick's. He was very reluctant to give us the key. He said he was embarrassed that we would see. "Really, Nick, how bad can it be?"

Ooooh, it was bad - really bad - really, really bad. I cried and my son had to run outside to vomit. For sure, it would be condemned. But, we made a promise to Nick, "We won't let you lose your house," we said. So, we began to clean. First, my husband had to go and get real supplies; rubber gloves, heavy duty garbage bags, bleach, S.O.S. scrubbing pads, more buckets and more mops. I took the kids into the kitchen we started with the dishes. Every dish, pot, pan, spoon and fork needed to be washed and dried and put away, but first we needed to wash the cabinets and drawers. From there we went to the stove top and oven, then the refrigerator. . .that is when I thought we would all vomit. I knelt down to pull out the rotten food from the refrigerator and realized I was stuck on my knees - that is, my knees were stuck to the floor. And that, my friends, is when I began to pray. . .

No comments: