Tuesday, February 3, 2009

It's All About Perspective

So, I have been driving up Pillow Avenue for 20+ years and recently it has become an annoyance. When I first started driving up Pillow I was always cautious because there were a lot of little kids that lived in those little houses. Well, those little kids grew up and they all have cars. You would think that these kids would have some concept of space since they grew up in little houses, but apparently they don't because they park their cars about 2 feet from the curb. Last year the town decided that Pillow Avenue needed sidewalks, which drastically narrowed the already narrow street. And now, there is this truck (a State vehicle no less!) that parks right across the street from another car . . . . this narrow little road is a total annoyance. So, I decided it was all about perspective. If you tell yourself that something is an annoyance, it will be. I drive up and down this street several times a day. I told myself it doesn't matter that the State truck was no doubt clocked in while the good tax payers of NJ paid his salary whilst he sits in his house on Pillow. I told myself that it doesn't matter that these kids today can afford big cars and apparently not work all day. I told myself it would be a pleasure, an adventure to drive up Pillow. . . . so I decided that the next time I drive up Pillow Avenue I will close my eyes..........................

2 comments:

Robin said...

Don't do it... your insurance premiums will just increase :)

Life Adapted said...

I wish you had told me that before! jk