Thursday, May 14, 2009

Coffee Anyone?

A friend of mine has gone through a rough time. She's sweet and funny and a wonderful mother. She loves her kids and would do anything for them. She was at the grocery store, buying the kids lunch foods and she came across the coffee aisle. She walked down the aisle smelling all those wonderful coffee smells (she loves her coffee). She remembered she was out of coffee and went over to her brand, Starbucks Dark Roast Whole Bean Coffee, and that is when she said a little prayer, "Lord, I love this coffee, but I can't afford it. Help me to love the cheap stuff." She bought the cheap stuff so the kids could have the lunch foods they like. That very same day, unbeknownst to me, my husband won some Starbucks Dark Roast Whole Bean Coffee at a golf outing. He came home and said, "Here give this to L." I'm like, "Sure, I'll give it to L, pfft, because I don't want it anyway. But, hey, pfft, thanks for asking me." (Sorry, I'm a little bit of a brat sometimes, but you would be too if you were getting hot flashes every night at 4 in the morning. I tell my husband to have a pitcher of cold water next to the bed just in case I spontaneously combust like poor Mary Reeser who was likely going through menopause herself - but now I am digressing.) The next day was Bible study and when L came, there was a bag of her favorite coffee sitting at her place. She looked at the coffee and cried. Not my husband, nor I, nor anyone else for that matter, except God, knew of her little prayer in the grocery store. When she told us of her prayer, she said that the coffee feels like it came directly from the hand of God Himself and He is telling her, "You take care of the kids and I'll take care of you."

2 comments:

:)De said...

I love that!!! I love when God just hands us stuff!

Peace

Indian Lake Papa said...

I think God gets a big kick out of doing stuff like that! He loves us!