Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mother's Day



Mother's Day gifts usually consist of flowers and candy. And that's a good thing because when you get "non-consumable" gifts you need a place to proudly display them. Vases and bobble head dolls or serving platters and candle stick holders are really lovely gifts (thanks kids) but they become dust collectors and sit along side other items that aren't used but a few times a year. Soon you have an attic full of things that don't "fit" in the house anymore. Then the garage overflows and the shed, too. The last thing mom needs for Mother's Day is another item that has to be stored. So, you can get mom flowers and candy OR you can get her a dumpster from 1-800-GOT-JUNK?

Oh, yeah, that's what I'm talking about. . . a dumpster!! Skip the flowers and the candy, kids, mama wants a dumpster. I have been asking for a dumpster for 4 years now. My husband asked, "Don't you want something pretty?" I'm like, "A dumpster is pretty." He asked, "That's what you want today - not that I'm saying you have mood swings or anything - but will you want a dumpster tomorrow?" I'm like, "I've asked for a dumpster for 4 years, I wouldn't call that a mood. Pfft." He asked, "What will your friends think?" I'm like, "Who cares. I want a dumpster!" He said, "Okie dokie." I said, "Hey, a friend of mine got her mother a Porto-potty for mother's day one year. What do ya think of that?" To which he replied, "Even fools are thought wise when they keep silent." Ha - I married a smart man . . .

4 comments:

:)De said...

LOL! I told my mom that I was thinking of posting the story of the porta-potty. I may have to now.

Peace

Mom said...

You don't need a dumpster. Every garbage day just put a few things out that you want to get rid of and I guarantee you that someone going by will pick them up. Next garbage day you might see the same items in front of that persons house. How about a yard sale? The kids could run it and they keep the proceeds so they can buy you another dust collector!
Love you, Mom

Life Adapted said...

:)De - Do post the story, I don't think my husband believes me.

I'll write you tomorrow - too much to do yet today, including a banquet in NYC!

Life Adapted said...

Hi Mom, We've got a Garbage Nazi in town, he fines you if you put one thing in the garbage that's not "code". Tomato plants are a nice practical mother's day gift, don't you think? Btw, how are yours growing?

Love you.