Monday, May 18, 2009

Stress?

I don't feel very good today. Maybe it's stress. What do I have to be stressed about? Well, since you asked. . .

. . . on Friday we had a house guest (using Pop-Pop's bed again) and he was sick, really sick, so sick I told him that the dog was chewing on the lung he had coughed up. He coughed in every room of my house, except my bedroom, from which he was ban. Then he decided to give up coffee and cigarettes, at the same time, while staying here. He walked around with a major head ache, in a fog, coughing up lung tissue in every room of my house. I was pleased about his decisions, but why did he choose this weekend to make good decisions? When he left I sprayed so much Lysol that the carbon monoxide detector went off, causing my daughter to scream. Then on Saturday, my son was playing baseball, he's the catcher, and he got hit with a 70 mph foul tip in the only place on his body that's not covered with protective gear - his collar bone. For sure it's broken, but he won't let us take him to the doctor's because he has his tournament game today. Instead, we anointed him with oil and are believing in God to do the rest. However, the school nurse called me this morning to question our actions. She thinks we're freaks. And then there's Bart, a.k.a. Barley, the world's second most worstest dog. In the six months that we have had him, he's eaten 7 pairs of eye glasses. Once I assumed Bart ate my glasses because I couldn't find them and I yelled at him something fierce, but the glasses were on top of my head. There is some kind of irony here about a Seeing Eye puppy eating eye glasses. . . And hot flashes are keeping me up at night. And my daughter's "friend" bought over a huge bag of Peanut M&M's at 9 pm and I think I ate 12 portions. And I may have insulted him (though I don't think he can be insulted) because I told him I was glad he was over because I needed new material for my blog . . .oops. . .so, yeah, I don't feel so good today. Do ya think it's stress?

5 comments:

:)De said...

First, I am glad you pointed out the irony of the seeing eye dog eating glasses because I was over here cracking up and felt better that I was not alone in "seeing" the connection. Second, hot flashes. Um yeah.... I need a fan and some iced tea just thinking about them. Good post.

R.M. Jackson said...

Uhmmmm... the jury is still out on that one, but I'll keep you in my prayers anyway. ;)

Indian Lake Papa said...

don't worry, it is already Wednesday, your half way through the week! I have no idea how that statement helps.

Life Adapted said...

Thanks ladies, you're the best.

Life Adapted said...

HaHaHa Papa, I have no idea either how that helps, but it made me laugh :) so, maybe, hence the help :)

Be blessed