Tuesday, October 20, 2009

But Did They Like Me?

My daughter was home for lunch Sunday. We had company (a lovely family that exemplify true service to Christ and who really make us laugh) and my daughter came in half-way through the meal (of delicious potato soup and fresh bagels and fruit - yummy). She had been to her church in the morning. I couldn't wait to ask, "Did they like me, the ladies at the retreat?" She said, "I guess, what are you 7?" I said, "What do you mean, 'I guess' and no, I'm not 7!" I really wanted the ladies to like me even though I was like the enemy coming in to sabotage their battle plan against the bulge with a really good cake. And I know it was good too, because some of the ladies had seconds and some didn't even use forks, they just picked up the cake and ate it with their fingers - just sayin'. I may come across as a confident and secure gal but behind those Christopher & Banks outfits and my casual wit and humor (haha - see) is an insecure lady. So I asked again, "But did they like me?" She said, "I guess . . . they all just wanted to know if you liked them." Go figure, while I'm wondering if they liked me, they were wondering if I liked them. And I did like them, they were real and sweet and kind and honest and 20 minutes after we got there most of them changed into comfortable sweats or pj's. So now, I like them even more knowing they are just a bunch of insecure ladies too!

3 comments:

:)De said...

Of course they liked you!

Verne said...

Just want to let you know that I nominated you for a blog award. You may pick it up at my blog at any time. I really appreciate your blog.

Life Adapted said...

:)De and Verne - Awwwwwwwww - thanks, you guys are the best.