Saturday, October 31, 2009

Are You Smarter Than A Twit?

Has anyone else made the connection between the two words, twitter and twit? Am I the only one? A twit, put kindly, is a bothersome person. Twitter, put kindly, is chatter of trivial matters. How low has our society gone? Are we getting twitter updates on anything that matters? Sorry, I have to say it, but if you use Twitter, you must be a twit or, put kindly, a bothersome person. Honestly, who cares about everything you are doing? Even nosy Italian mothers don't want to know the stuff that folks put on Twitter. It is truly a good thing that evolution is just a theory and not a fact, because if it were a fact, our next generation of children would be born with tiny little thumbs, long and slender, pointy at the tips for quick texting and twittering on tiny little devices. And our brains, which we now realize have the potential to start learning while still unformed in their mommy's uterus and don't stop learning until death, would begin to shrink. Surely, we would become a world of small minded, bothersome people. Luckily, evolution is just a theory and twits will not prevail. I urge you, put down you cell phones, your Blackberries, your Bluetooths - unplug and disconnect - give up your mindless twitter and engage in activity that does not require the exclusive use of your thumbs and exclude the use of your imagination. Just sayin' . . .

3 comments:

Parsley said...

You've made me smile on a gloomy day. I am not a Twit nor do I Twitter.

I've only heard about people who twit listing a dozen or more daily, menial tasks that bore me when I do them. I surely don't care to read that.

Life Adapted said...

Hi Parsley, Thanks for reading my rants. I never suspected you of being a twittering twit :)

Be ever so blessed!

R.M. Jackson said...

I tried tweeting once, but I'm not really a woman of few words... even on my best days, since sensible dialogue cannot be restricted to a couple characters per person. ;)

Need I say that I deleted my account? :-O

I agree... let us capitalise on our brain power... and blog instead. :D