Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Distracted Much?

This post is for Parsley - this morning I got up (a little later than I had hoped), put on the computer, cleaned up some dishes, made some eggs and spinach with cheese (yummy), opened my water bottle and set out my vitamins to take. I have to take my vitamins as soon after I eat as possible for better absorption and for the least amount of stomach upset. The phone rang and I dusted the living room and dining room while I chatted. So, then when I hung up, I dusted the bedroom since I had a rag in my hand anyway. I went to the bathroom and decided to clean the sink and empty the bathroom garbage and so as not to put a dirty wipe in the new garbage bag, I wiped down the entire bathroom with Clorox wipes and put them in the old garbage bag. I went downstairs to throw out the garbage and saw the vacuum cleaner and decided to vacuum the steps. The husband saw me and asked me to send an important email for him - I obliged. Downstairs, I picked up 2 empty bottles, 2 dirty plates and a hand full of dirty tissues (teenagers - augh!) and somehow never got the vacuum cleaner to the steps. I went to the recycling can in the kitchen with the empty bottles and saw my vitamins and open bottle of water at the table. My belly is empty by now and so I need to eat again before I can take my vitamins. So, while I am toasting my bread for a peanut butter and honey sandwich (yummy), I decided to write a post about how distracted I can be. But now I must go because I smell something burning . . .

4 comments:

Parsley said...

Now that is something I can relate to! I'm smiling, ear to ear! Too funny and so my life!

:)De said...

Cute... I used to say that I was a great multi-tasker, but read this summer that there is really no such thing...just doing many task at the same time, one at a time. Of course, I was reading that article while folding laundry, feeding a baby, teaching math and blogging. LOL!

Peace

Life Adapted said...

Obviously the article was not written by a mother ;)

Indian Lake Papa said...

"...something burning..." Hummm, Mustache? Big nose ??