Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Vacuuming Stinks!

With 2 adults, 2 teenagers, 2 cats and 1 dog living in 1 house in the fall, vacuuming can be a daily activity. Since I don't like to waste time or energy it makes me so mad when I have a fight with the vacuum cleaner. My teenagers are very attractive - that is, they attract dirt, leaves, dust and the like, which all ends up on the carpet, which I must vacuum. I don't mind vacuuming really. It's good exercise and I love making those lines in the carpet by vacuuming forward for as far as you can reach and then pulling the vacuum cleaner backwards. For as long as the kids, the cats and the dog are out of the house, it looks clean and I like that. Today, my vacuuming experience was not so pleasant. First, after I vacuumed the entire downstairs (much to my daughter's dismay as she was trying to sleep in - sorry honey), I vacuumed right up the stairs in to the kitchen and that's where the trouble began. I vacuumed up 1/2 a dozen plastic grocery bags that I didn't see under the kitchen table and attempted to pull them out while the vacuum cleaner was still running. I don't know why but I hate to turn the vacuum cleaner off until I'm done. Then, the little kitchen rug got caught up in the bottom and the belt began to burn. Then, I saw one of those little beady eyed stink bugs and sucked him up. I smiled in victory over the dirt and grime that were no longer invading my home and that dead stink bug that dared to enter my house . . . until the smell of burnt rubber and dead stink bug permeated the kitchen. I had no choice but to change the vacuum cleaner bag and belt before their time and that is why vacuuming stinks!

7 comments:

Parsley said...

HAHAHA Too familiar

That's why I got a Dyson vacuum. 3 humans and 6 dogs in the house plus daily teenage visitors...dir-T

Alainna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Life Adapted said...

Hi Parsley, I knew you'd understand :)

Be blessed today!

Indian Lake Papa said...

That's why men should never have to do household chores. We would really do damage!

By the way, as I type this its snowing here!! Gotta get the vacuum for that!! Snow stinks as well!

Life Adapted said...

Papa, you're in the wrong home then - you belong in Florida : )
btw, I have a neighbor who vacuums the leaves from his driveway. His lawn looks better than my carpets!

Be blessed!

Indian Lake Papa said...

Heh Heh! Check out my blog! Heh Heh!

Life Adapted said...

You crack me up!!