Monday, October 26, 2009

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

My daughter and I had a wonderful trip to Tennessee. We toured a college campus, ate in the cafeteria, shopped at the campus book store, went to the school's play, drove through down town (my daughter blinked the first time, so we needed to take a second drive through), dined at Sonic, Bimbo's and The Waffle House (after eating the best pecan waffles I've ever had, I said to my daughter, "Forget college, let's just open up a Waffle House instead."), went in a cave, road the railroad, saw a movie, played cards and survived a haunted hotel. Spending time with my daughter was the most fun part of the trip. She's smart and sassy and witty and she makes me laugh out loud. She makes me think. She is considerate and kind and full of life. She desires to please God and intends to enjoy every minute doing it. My daughter really liked this college (me too, I guess) and that was the only misfortune of the entire trip. It's her top choice right now. I don't want it to be her top choice, I don't want her to like it, I don't want her to go all the way to Tennessee for school, I don't want my baby 800 miles away from her mama. So, when the folks at Sonic, at Bimbo's, at the Waffle House, at Shop Rite, at the cave and at the school said to her, "Y'all come back now." I turned and looked them right in the eye and said, "Grrrrrrrrrrrrr."

5 comments:

Parsley said...

Take pride in knowing she probably took some of that independence from you.

Life Adapted said...

Darn my fine example! jk - thank you for the compliment Parsley.

Be blessed!

Indian Lake Papa said...

Just think maybe some other mom with a son is going through the same emotions - same college, same age, single - did you say the dorms are coed ??

Life Adapted said...

Papa, unless that mother and her son are from New Jersey, he better stay away from my baby!! hahah

It's a small Christian college, dorms are NOT coed.

Be blessed.

Indian Lake Papa said...

Heh Heh! Just thought I'd clutter your mind today with a little fear and trembling - oh they grow up so fast.