Thursday, March 6, 2008

Are We Having Fun Yet?

Life is not a blog, but it’s not so gloomy. Parenting is, indeed, hard work, but we can handle it. Menopause stinks, but it’s not fatal. And well, teenagers, they still stink but I’m not afraid of them. We have to retell the events of our life with humor or we’d just go crazy. My hair is turning gray and I tell everyone (actually anyone who's willing to listen, even if it is only the check out girl at Weis – I know she really doesn’t want to listen but she has to, I mean she’s stuck there at the register and it’s not my fault that I had $180.00 worth of groceries) that I have earned every one of my gray hairs. Pluck them out, never! dye them, no way! They are my crown of glory. I am woman and I am strong and I will not let life (or teenagers) beat me down. So, I blog on, making light of the events of our life. It’s okay that the water heater leaked all over the new carpet, or that the dog chewed yet another shoe, or that the little plastic gear shift marker cost $175.00 (!!), or that hot flashes really make you sweat and that is not a pretty sight, or that gas is going up to $4, or that I have another 16 gray hairs (but who's counting) . . . it's all just fun material for a blog . . . are we having fun yet???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard today that all women's problems start with men. Menstration, menopause, and mental illness. Ha.

I spent 260 in groceries yesterday. I had to pack them all myself, and I was worn out for the rest of the day. But I have a friendly dog, who accidentally did his business on my carpet today. We still love him.

Keep the chin up and keep laughing.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laugh. I heard that man was just fine until God added the woe to their lives . . .woman.
Next time at the grocery store, pack slowly so the cashier has to help.
Chin up and laughing ;]
Life Adapted