Saturday, March 1, 2008

Why I Blog

I've been asked why I blog. It really did start with my daughter who didn't want to hear me vent anymore . She was like, "Yeah, Mom, I'm setting up a blog for you. Just go to New Post and type." I really liked it. It is a creative outlet for me. It also became a challenge of sorts to write my thoughts, a beginning, middle and end, in one paragraph, with humor if possible and all for the Glory of God. Even if I don't mention God in my blog, He is always present. My family is truly a blessing to me and often I'm in awe that God would love and bless me in this way. Complaining about my kids is just my justification to speak of them so often. They are always on my mind (or in my face) and blogging about them is my way of thanking God for the gift of being a parent. Blogging also gives me an opportunity to keep a record of the events in our life (proof to show my kids when they are grown how rotten they were . . . jk). So, when I try to tell my kids stories about good kids gone bad and they call over their departing shoulder, "Oh, go blog about it, Mom" . . . I do . . . and sometimes they are sorry . . .

No comments: