Thursday, March 27, 2008

Stand Firm

I am so glad we do not walk alone in our journey's. I am thankful for friends and family who love me and care for me. I am thankful for the whole Armor of God that I can proudly adorn. Some days even the littlest of issues can stir up fear in me. Becoming overwhelmed is only one fear-filled thought away. The way in which we have conversations with ourselves direct the path we take . . . fear or peace . . . anger or acceptance . . . anxiety or serenity . . . Where does God want us to be? I believe He wants us to suit up each day for battle, to stand firm and not be afraid, to be armed and ready with His Word (Ephesians 6:10-20). For today, I am choosing peace, acceptance and serenity. I choose God. I didn't start my day this way, but it is how I am determined to conclude it. Gentle words to myself and strong pleas to God. "Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Proverbs 16:24.

Walk with me down a path of peace and talk pleasant words with me . . . (okay, so you may have to lock the kids in the closet for a time. . .)

No comments: