Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Scratch The Earth, Part II

Part II
Our friend asked, "Will you tell this to your teenagers?"
"Yes, we will."
"I met a man about forty years ago. He always was curious about what I did, but never asked me directly - so I never told him. He knew I was a Christian - but I never told him so. He knew I ministered to others - but never asked me to minister to him. I saw him not too long ago and he told me about some problems he was having. I asked him if I could pray for him. He said 'yes', so I did. When I was done he said, 'You know, I didn't like you when I first met you.' **hearty laughter from all** I scratched the earth forty years ago, and only got to plant a seed now. Build relationships. Scratch the ground. Plant a seed. Tell this to your children."
"Okay, we will."
"Love you guys."
"You know, we didn't like you when we first met you." **more hearty laughter**
"Well, I've always loved you guys." **tears**
"We always loved you too." **more tears and laughter**

3 comments:

Robin said...

Well, I haven't met you and I like you...does that count for anything?

Life Adapted said...

Hi Robin, yes, that counts for a lot because I've noticed in your blog that you have extremely good taste and judgement ;)

Robin said...

;) Sounds like a mutual admiration society - I like it!