Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Scratch The Earth


Here is a message told to me and my husband by a dear, dear friend of ours who is very sick. I pray I do it justice.
"I have a lot of time to think and pray because I am too sick to do much else. God has shown me many things. One important thing He has shown me and I want to share with you is this: Our best witness for Him is not in quoting scripture, not in shoving a Bible or a tract in someone's hand but in establishing relationships. No, don't beat anyone over the head with your Bible. Saying, 'Here, read this' means nothing, . . . nothing. But if we can talk to someone, build a relationship, that's like scratching the earth. As we grow in our relationships with others, we drop seeds. Then, we sit back and let God do the rest. Sometimes, we get lucky and see the seed grow. All God is asking us to do is scratch the ground and plant a seed. He will tend to the seed, see that it is watered and grow it. Teach this to your teenagers because it is very important to the Kingdom of God. Tell them to have friendships with all sorts of people. Scratch the ground, drop a seed and grow God's Kingdom."

4 comments:

Robin said...

Beautiful lesson!

Life Adapted said...

Robin, I pray that I can teach this to my children - with words and deeds. My friend is very sick today. Please pray for him. Be so blessed.

Robin said...

I'm sure you are teaching this lesson to your children!

Praying for your friend!

Life Adapted said...

Thank you Robin, it's all up to God.