Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Those Little Stinkers

They're baaaaaaaaaaack. Those little stinkers (no, not my teenagers). Those beady eyed, shield carrying, sticky legged, flying stink bugs. They are the skunk of the insect world and they are in my house. They only smell when you crush them. How very clever of them. If you wash them down your drain or run them through the washing machine, they crawl back out in an hour. First, we had Pop-Pop (oh, how I miss that man) and then we had the unfortunate incident with the mole that died in the wall behind our closet and now we have those stupid stink bugs. We also have a really dumb cat. She isn't a mouser, doesn't know her hat from her glove (don't you love how I cleaned that one up?), doesn't even know she's a cat. She's like a log with fur. I know she can't help it, but when I saw her about to pounce on a stink bug in my kitchen I ran down the hallway, like in slow motion - I couldn't get to her fast enough - I yelled, "Noooooooooooo, Kate, you dumb, stupid, idiotic, moronic, waste of cat flesh and fur, don't kill that stink bug!!!" Guess what? She killed the stink bug. Now my house has a lingering Pop-Pop smell, intermingled with Lysol, dead mole and stink bugs . . . does it get any better than this folks???????????

10 comments:

Robin said...

Oh man... what a day! You made me smile though...

I hope things are coming up smelling like roses in your house soon...

Anonymous said...

Excuse me? Kate does too know she's a cat, and she's smart, and you can't be forgetting all the little animals we've had to clean up that she's brought home. Maybe she would be better adjusted if you didn't lock her in the garage at night- I had to take her in my room when I came home because she was lonely, and she slept on my bed peacefully all night. *humpf*

love you...

Life Adapted said...

Um. . .ur. . .did I say Kate? I meant, Nina. Yeah, it's Nina I was talking about. Btw, are you sure the college won't allow cats in the dorms?? Kate really does miss you. Me too!! :(

Love you

Life Adapted said...

Robin, from your lips to God's ears ;)

Take care of yourself, it's near the end, or the beginning, depending how you look at it :)

I am keeping you and your baby in prayer. Be so blessed.

Indian Lake Papa said...

Ya know LA - Life just stinks sometimes - sorry no profound words of wisdom!

Robin said...

Love the dialogue with your daughter :)

Papa - is that a new avatar? I like it too :)

Life Adapted - the continued prayers are much appreciated!

Robin said...

Life Adapted - I just did a meme and linked to your blog in one of the questions. Just want you to know I really enjoy reading your blog for both the creativity in writing with humor and the lessons you share!

Life Adapted said...

Thanks Robin, that's so sweet of you to say :)

I love writing these silly blogs - it's cheap therapy.

Be so blessed dear one.

Robin said...

You are right about the cheap therapy...hey and you are not only having cheap therapy for yourself, but you are giving it away free too! Thanks!

Life Adapted said...

Happy to be of service.