Sunday, July 26, 2009

Bless Us, Oh Lord, And These Thy Gifts

My family tells me that my dinner conversation stinks. I mean, really, what's wrong with saying that the back of my throat itches so much that I could scratch it with a fork? No one was interested in the chicken after that, which was really okay with me because it made great chicken salad the next day. I used tomatoes and parsley from the garden and apples, celery, cucumbers, mayonnaise, mustard and pepper - yummy. The next time I cook chicken on the grill I think I'll talk about the how the cat has been throwing up fur balls lately. Even though my family may complain about what I talk about and what I cook and cleaning up, I know they all love having dinner together. It's when and where we connect (who and how are not as important as when and where - any Get Smart fans get that?). We pray, we eat, we talk and laugh and, of course, argue. Sometimes we argue over the silliest things and sometimes we argue over really important things, but the point is that we are communicating and spending that slot of time with each other. God created us to eat and to communicate and to have families and the communion of those three blessings is one the truest and nicest gifts He gave us. Lucky for my family that I'm such an amazing cook :) even if my dinner conversation skills are lacking.

4 comments:

Indian Lake Papa said...

I can grill a mean chicken breast! I even grill a whole turkey - which reminds me, I need to clean the sliding door window - the fly I killed with my hand smeared all over the glass - whoops, just remembered to wash my hand - chicken / turkey anyone?

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I inclination not acquiesce in on it. I over precise post. Specially the title attracted me to study the sound story.

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.