Friday, July 24, 2009

A Story - Part VI - The End

Me and My "Little" Brother

I hadn't seen my little brother for quite a few years. With him serving in the Marines and living in the south, it was difficult. We stayed in constant contact through email, but we hadn't physically seen each other for a very long time. With my husband's encouragement, we planned a weekend for our families to get together in Baltimore. I cried at the very sight of him. He's a husband, a father, a Marine, a hero and my little brother. Have I mentioned that I'm proud of him? We spent the weekend in glorious fellowship. I teased him about the road-kill and about him being a knuckle head. We talked about old times and created new memories. I love him so much and treasure our 22 years of friendship. When we got home from our weekend away I was glowing. I wanted to tell Tina that she was right. I wanted to thank her, from the bottom of my heart, for putting us together. I did an Internet search (do you know how many Tina's are on the Internet?). It took a while, but I found her. I sent her an email and some pictures (old and new). I told her how grateful I was for the huge role she played in our lives. I told her she will always be loved and remembered for her foresight. This is part of the response I got from Tina: "Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your letter, it came at the most appropriate times. I have just retired and have been re-examining my life and there you were with validation that I had accomplished something truly wonderful. I will keep your letter with my most treasured mementos always. . ."

Well, folks . . . that's my story and for now . . . this is the end.

5 comments:

Parsley said...

Thank you for sharing this story even though you kept us hanging on for 6 parts. lol

Perhaps I'll be a Big someday...

Indian Lake Papa said...

What a precious story of following God's direction. Thank you for sharing.

:)De said...

What a great story! I am awestruck at the way you have touched lives and made a difference in this world. It speaks volumes of your heart and service to Our Lord.

Peace

Life Adapted said...

Parsley - sorry for the 6 parts :)

Thank you for being a faithful reader, it means the world to me.

Papa and :)De, you know I was way more blessed in this story than anyone else. God is good - Amen?

Thank you both for being such dear friends and caring enough to comment.

Be ever so blessed.

R.M. Jackson said...

YAY! I absolutely love happy endings... but it's not quite done is it? :D

Thanks so much for sharing. Isn't it funny how our Lord always knows exactly what we need?

{{HUGS}}

(Btw, 'little brother' is not politically correct vernacular if that's you to the right. LOL!)