Monday, July 20, 2009

A Story - Part II

. . ."What?!?!"

"Before you say no, please sleep on it," pleaded Tina.

I hung up the phone and thought, "You've got to be kidding me. I don't have to sleep on it, it's not what I want. The answer is no." I told my husband and he said I could say no. I told my best friend and she said I could say no. So, I called Tina back and said, "No, this is not what I want." To which she replied, "I think it would be a perfect match." To which I replied, "No."

She called me a week later and asked me again. I said, "No."

She called me a week after that and asked me again. I said, "No."

She called me a week after that and asked me again. I shook my head no, no, no . . . but my words decieved me . . . I heard myself say, "Yes," while my head was going back and forth. When I hung up the phone I thought, "What in the world just happened?" I told my husband, "Well, it looks like I have myself a 'little' . . . a 'little brother!'"

Yup, me and my little brother would be the first ever cross-gender match in the history of Big Brothers/Big Sisters . . .

. . . but the story doesn't end here. . .

8 comments:

Parsley said...

AGGH...more more!

:)De said...

Ditto what Parsley said!!!

Life Adapted said...

Sorry ladies. . .this story will be in about 6 parts. Thanks for reading along.

Be blessed

R.M. Jackson said...

Aaaargh! You're killing me! No...I don't want a lesson in patience now! Boo-hoo-hoo-hoo... WAAAH!

'Knowing' you, all that screaming made absolutely no impact. Quit laughing already.

(Oh, by the way, I won't be able to grow strawberries. I'm told that I need more altitude)

Indian Lake Papa said...

I will follow this with great intrigue - is the boy my age ??

Life Adapted said...

Ruth, I am laughing - and you're right, the boo-hooing has no effect, it never worked with my kids (or at least I never let it show). At first I thought you were saying you needed more attitude to grow strawberries - maybe I need more attitude to make my strawberries grow - hmmmm

Papa, you crack me up. I'll post more tomorrow.

:) Be blessed.

Indian Lake Papa said...

Just saying I could use a "big sister'.

R.M. Jackson said...

LA, behave yourself... I said ALTITUDE. A-L-T-I-T-U-D-E not 'attitude'... now if I could just interest my husband in purchasing land on a mountaintop.... ;)

I don't mind being in a remote area if I can have strawberries to fill my lonely days. LOL