Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My Seriously Selfless Strawberry Patch

My seriously selfless strawberry patch has produced another perfect beauty. (Was going to make that a total alliteration of "s and p" but I began spitting at my computer screen.) This one I shared with my son - big mistake - now that he knows how tasty they are he's going to want the next one. I may have to tackle him for it. Maybe I'll set up a decoy strawberry (hee-hee). He's just goofy enough to fall for it. Or maybe I'll be selfless like my strawberries and just let him have the next one . . . imagine, I'm learning lessons from strawberries. God can use anything in His Creation to teach us a lesson. I Praise my Creator for strawberries and the creative way He uses them to teach and nourish, body and soul. Go figure.

9 comments:

Parsley said...

My green bean bushes keep producing one or two at a time. Ah well.

Are you getting plenty of flowers but no berries? Could pollination be the problem?

At least you are keeping on the happy side of things.

Life Adapted said...

Flowers come one at a time and slowly grow into berries. A new berry doesn't even start to grow until the one before is fully grown. It's like they are giving each berry the full attention of the sun and the rain.

Have a happy day!

R.M. Jackson said...

Ahem! You ate MY strawberry....how could you? That one was supposed to be mailed. Remember? *eyes all teary*

Ah well... maybe next time? ;)

Life Adapted said...

Ruth - Ooops. . .

How long would it take for a strawberry to get to Jamaica? Better yet, I could send you a few plants and you can grow your own seriously selfless strawberries.

Hope you are happy and well.
Be ever so blessed.

R.M. Jackson said...

I don't know... can strawberries grow in the tropics? I'll go research that little matter and give you a report... I would really love to try growing them if it's at all possible.

The price for a tiny container in the supermarket is exorbitant...and those are not even fresh (Heaven alone knows what they spray them with to extend their shelf life!)

Ok, that got lengthy in a hurry. I'm off to research. :)

Indian Lake Papa said...

LA - Michigan has a good portion of strawberries. Stop by - we share! LOL

Robin said...

Hi Life Adapted ! I've missed you... thought I'd read a little in blogs tonight...

Your strawberry post is great :) I love your lessons - sweet.

Put me on the list for the next one :) Do you have any blueberries?

I'll be back...

Life Adapted said...

Hi Robin, I've missed you too! I'm going to try those topsy-turvy strawberry planters next year and maybe I'll enough strawberries to feed everyone - maybe I'll have a strawberry party. Would you come?

I've been thinking and praying about you - let me know what's going on. Love and blessings :)

Robin said...

Hi LA - sounds wonderful! You know if I could come to your house I'd do it even without the temptation of fresh strawberries - just your company would be enough. BUT you know if you brought out the strawberries I'd eat my share and probably someone else's too - haha