Monday, April 28, 2008

For Bright Eyes

This is for my 18 year old daughter. Most of our conversations end up in "heated debates" so I'll write a blog for her. This seems appropriate since she is the one who set me up with blogging. She was tired of hearing my rants on parenting . . . especially since the rants usually applied to her ;) . . . but she reads every blog anyway, so now I rant in voice and in print. She just can't win. Here goes: Sweetie, you are an amazing, talented, worthy young lady, . . . a bit opinionated at times, but look who your mother is . . . you are so intelligent and have a whole world out there to discover. There is so much to learn and so much to see and you are so ready to do whatever it is God has planned for you. Don't be afraid, don't even hesitate to follow your Father's Will for you. If God is directing your path you cannot fail. I am here to support, to listen, to share my knowledge, to comfort and to pray. As long as you can tell me that you believe your decision is in accordance to God's plan for you, I will support you 100 %. God is not a God of confusion, He is a God of peace. With the right decision, peace will come. I am sorry for the unrest I have caused you. Truly, my motivation is to teach and guide, it's what I do, it's a mom thing, it's obnoxious I know and with the whole peri-menopausal thing going on it's a bit . . . er . . . um . . . strong (??), but know this, I love you, you are my first born and therefore I have loved you the longest. You truly are our Bright Eyes.

5 comments:

Carol said...

Sounds like a mother's heart full of love trying to express it in any way she can. Your daughter has been given a very precious gift...a loving mother who truly cares about her. She may not fully comprehend the value of the gift until she herself is a mother. (Only Mothers really understand!!) God bless you for being that kind of Mom!!

Anonymous said...

Aww, I love you too :-) Don't apologize, it's just I think you need to trust a little more that you have raised me with the tools I need to succeed and make the right decisions- trust that enough that you don't feel offended if I try to be independent. I'd ask your advice more if I didn't feel you already model it for me.

love, your daughter

p.s. Don't tell anyone else bright eyes was once my nickname ;-)

Indian Lake Papa said...

Bright eyes - my daughter got married at 19 - big mistake. Listen to mom, know when God is speaking to your heart - make good choices - each year now you will be making more of your own choices - make em right!

Robin said...

How sweet! You are leaving your children a legacy of love - they may not see it now, but they will one day...

Kudos!

Life Adapted said...

Wow!!, I am almost speechless (HA).
Carol, what you say is true, only a mother understands. . .thank you so much for the supportive words, it means the world to me to hear it.

Papa, you never fail to say it like it is, thank you for your sage words.

Robin, you are becoming a big support for me and I thank you for that. . .I need all the help I can get ;)

And finally, Bright Eyes, come upstairs and see me :)