Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Wolves or Teenagers?

You would think that I lost my children as infants and they were raised by a pack of wild wolves for the last 10 years. My 13 year old son eats with that pack mentality. He devours all his food, without the aid of utensils, and prowls around, sniffing out every edible morsel (and some not so edible) and inhales it. I even stabbed him in the hand (by accident, of course) when he put his paw, I mean hand, on my plate to steal my food while I was just about to eat it. Then when he's done eating, he curls up on the floor while his body makes all kinds of wild noises. And the girls, I think they are building nests in their rooms using all their dirty laundry. Their beds, well, let's just say they don't have the concept of making it every morning. They are like wild animals . . . well, okay, they're not really wild, I mean, they don't curse, or drink, or smoke, or sneak out, or lie about the important stuff, and they love and revere God and they care about each other and me and their father . . . I guess those wolves taught them something along the way . . . 7 of those 10 years were spent homeschooling . . . okay, they're not so bad, they're even kinda' cute . . . and cuddly . . .

3 comments:

:)De said...

Funny! My 15 yr old eats with such gusto that I am always afraid that he is going to bite half of his fingers off. My 7 yr old eats fast and hard too (probably afraid that the 15 yr old will eat all of the food up from him). I am worried that I will have to explain to the ER doctor how 2 of my children lost fingers on their dominant hand! LOL
:)De

Life Adapted said...

Thanks for making me laugh. . .I can totally relate. Am now adding safety for fingers to my ever-growing prayer list!! Be blessed today dear one.

Robin said...

Cute :) Great sense of humor!