Thursday, April 24, 2008

Momma Say What

15 year old: "Mom, you micro-manage my life. You treat me like a 5 year old. You're so bossy."
18 year old: "Mom, I'm 18 now, I think I can figure things out for myself."
15 & 18 year old in unison: "Mom, don't you trust that you raised us to do the right thing without you telling us all time????"

Momma say, "Okie dokie."

15 year old: "Mom, can you make my lunch?"
Momma say: "Far be it from me to micro-manage your life. I taught you well when you were 5 how to make lunch and I wouldn't want to decide for you what to eat. I trust you to make the right choices."

18 year old: "Mom, I need gas in my car and I didn't get my pay check yet. What can I do for money?"
Momma say: "Far be it from me to figure things out for you. I trust you to do the right thing."

This is way too much fun. . . he-he-he. . . (so, why aren't the girls laughing?????!!!)

10 comments:

Indian Lake Papa said...

Get em mom! heh heh!!

:)De said...

Mamma's unite! LOL Sounds like your plan is coming together! :)De

Robin said...

I love it! Can't have your cake and eat it too... Hmm think I'll go have a piece of my husband's birthday cake :)

Life Adapted said...

You guys are like my "peanut gallery"! Thanks for the support!!

Robin said...

I just saw on your profile that you like books by Francine Rivers. This past week I read Redeeming Love...powerful.

Hope your weekend is going well!

Life Adapted said...

Robin, I had a love/hate relationship with that book. I put it down several times, determined not to read it, but kept on picking it up to finish it. I'm glad I read it and would recommend it. It's a powerful statement of God's love, our obedience to God and how we are ultimately blessed when we are in His Will for our lives. Be blessed today.

Robin said...

I hear you on the love/hate relationship with that book - there was a lot I really didn't want to read in it. I'm not one for romance books to begin with... At least it wasn't just a boy meets girl book. Much of the book was painful to read - I hurt for the poor girl throughout the book. The male character gave me a challenge though - can I love like he did? Only through the grace of God.

Life Adapted said...

Robin, have you seen the 10 novellas F.R. has written on 5 men and 5 women of the Bible? I've only read 3 of them, but am definatley enjoying them. This is historical fiction at it's best. And yes, it is only through the eyes of Jesus someone can love like that.

Robin said...

I read the five women novellas - lets see if I can remember them...

Tamar, Rehab, Ruth, Bathsheba, Mary

I enjoyed them all tremendously - they gave me a new understanding into those women. I want to read the ones on men too... You should see my reading list...

Oh, I posted on Redeeming Love today at my Reading Room blog.

Life Adapted said...

Robin, you get an A+ for remembering the books :) I'm lucky if I can remember 2 books back. My husband gave me all the books for Christmas this year (the 10 novellas) and I haven't finished them yet. I'm kind of savoring them. Plus, homeschooling 2 of my 3 children and one other is time consuming. I left you a comment on your Reading Room. Be blessed.