Monday, April 14, 2008

Please Join Me

Stormie Omartian says, "Some people believe that God is going to do whatever He is going to do no matter what, so there is no reason to pray. But the truth is there are things God will not do on earth except in answer to prayer." And I believe that to be true. There is scripture that backs that up. So I am asking for prayer, a miracle really, for a dear, dear, dear friend of ours. The details are not important because God knows them. I will share that his situation is very serious. I often tell my kids that they can't be in 2 places at one time, I've tried and it doesn't work. But my friend, well, he lives in 2 places at one time. One foot here in the present, in the presence of His Holy Father, doing His Will and one foot in eternity, storing his treasures in Heaven. He works in the here and now ministering to so many, all the while sitting before the Lord. We have seen angels at work in his fields and little babies healed of serious, life threatening diseases and deformities. Things only the Lord can make happen. He has never failed to pray for miracles for others, so now it is my turn. Please join me in praying for this man. Ask God, with thanksgiving in your hearts, to perform a miracle and heal this dear man.

"Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing psalms. Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the sick and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much." James 5:13-16

I humbly thank you.

2 comments:

Indian Lake Papa said...

Prayer is our main form of communication with our God! He wants to hear from us!! I will be praying. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Life Adapted said...

Thank you and God bless you.