Friday, April 11, 2008

Stress Buster

So, I get this mailing from my insurance company that contains advice on how to live a healthy life. "Five Ways to Eat Healthier", "An Active Mind is a Healthy Mind", "Handling Seasonal Allergies", etc. that's all fine and dandy. They even make you feel like they actually care about you . . . then I get to the "Stress Buster" article . . . and it just boiled my blood . . . do they really want to reduce the stress in my life????? Then why don't they just pay the 3 little claims I put in this year???? They bill me each and every month and I pay them each and every month. Do I question their bill??? NO! Don't I send them their payments on time???? YES! Then why can't they just pay a doctor's bill, that is clearly covered under my plan????? No, instead I get a "Denied" letter, addressed to Health Care Recipient, HELLO, I'm not a recipient until you send me something!!! Breathe in, breathe out . . .

Now as to their advice to reduce stress. Visit a park, talk with someone, share a meal as a family, play a game, do a puzzle, read a book, volunteer . . . I WOULD IF MY INSURANCE COMPANY DIDN'T KEEP ME ON HOLD FOR AN HOUR!!!!! I'd like to bust something alright . . .

No comments: