Saturday, December 6, 2008

Who Are You?

"I don’t care what people think. I don’t care if I fit in. I care about who I am. If I do something wrong and not a single person finds out, it’s still a part of who I am. I believe that it is a challenge to be the same person in the privacy of your heart as you are in the light of the world."

Wow! My 16 year old daughter wrote that. She is the most authentic person I know. She challenges me to be real. So, I'm in my kitchen, cooking, as I do much of the time, in silence (I never have a TV on, seldom do I listen to the radio, once in a while I'll listen to an Ella Fitzgerald or a Third Day CD,) I'm thinking about what she said . . . who am I in the privacy of my heart (or kitchen) . . . sadly, in the privacy of my kitchen, when no one is here, I am Rachel Ray. Yes, folks, I talk to an unseen audience, giving them my secret cooking tips. . . . . . .

For real, if I'm really being honest (thanks K for teaching the honesty lesson in Bible study) I am a mother who is hopelessly proud of her children. In the light of the world and in the privacy of my heart I am the mother of children who drive me crazy, but whom I love dearly.

3 comments:

:)De said...

It is a great feeling to be hopeless proud of your children. To see the miracle of God through the blessings that He has entrusted to us for such a short time.

How's Pop Pop these days? Rachel Rey, huh? I love it.

:)De

Life Adapted said...

Hi :)De, I love the snow pics you posted!! Pop-Pop is here now and doing okay. I wish he would get settled and be happy. When he's here, he wishes he were near his wife, but when he's in the nursing home, he wishes he were here. He's not crazy about Bart...

Be blessed.

Robin said...

Wow! Your daughter has amazing insight!