Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Great Ornament Exchange - Part I

Each year my ladies Bible study would do an ornament exchange at our Christmas party. I had been with this study for a few years but never was able to make it to the Christmas party. I always felt bad for missing out on a good time with the sweetest ladies on the planet. So, this particular year I was able to attend and I knew that I wanted to buy the best darn ornament I could find for the exchange. Somewhere along the way, searching for the perfect ornament turned into a mission. I dragged my poor family to craft shows, department stores and specialty stores. I searched through catalogs and even considered making my own ornament. During our 5th trip to the mall my husband gently told me he and the children would be in the food court eating cookies and ice cream while I continued my quest for the best ornament. The kids were unhappy, my husband was bored and I was stressed out. But I couldn't stop until I found that perfect ornament. Finally, I went into Boscov's and in the beautiful Christmas department I saw the perfect ornament. A beautiful, blown glass Christmas ball made in Italy. I had to get it! I ran to the food court and made my family come with me. I exclaimed, "Isn't it beautiful!" My husband pointed out that even though it was indeed beautiful, it was over the $10.00 gift limit. In fact, it was $4.00 over the limit even though it was marked down 40% and I had a 15% off coupon. Oh, what do I do???? To be continued . . .

2 comments:

Parsley said...

Did you buy it for yourself? You should have...you deserve a treat.

Life Adapted said...

Patience dear ;)