Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Sweatshirt - Part I

My son bought a sweatshirt from school with their logo on the front. It's a navy blue "hoodie." He said, "Hey, Mom, wouldn't this be cool with my name on the back?" I said, "Yeah, let's go to the store and I'll buy some iron-ons and do it for you tonight." To which he replied, "Really? You'd do that now?" To which I replied, "Yeah, let's go." We hopped in the car and off we went. He picked out tall white letters. When we got home I laid them out, got his approval and ironed them on. He put the sweatshirt on and I took a picture with my digital camera and showed him how the white letters looked on the navy blue background. He came over and gave me a hug and said, "Thanks, Mom, you're the best." (Okay, he really didn't say I was the best, that was a little creative license. But I know he was thinking it.) He wasn't even suspicious and I didn't even feel a little bit guilty. 2 hours later he went to the diner with his friends and then to the movies, wearing his new sweatshirt with his name in large white letters across the back. Before he got home I received 3 phone calls . . .

. . . to be continued . . .

7 comments:

Parsley said...

I'm impatient like a toddler. Don't tease me. What did you do to that poor kid?

:)De said...

Rut roh!

Life Adapted said...

Why so suspicious, Parsley? : )

Gotta' love a woman who quotes Scooby-Doo, :)De!

R.M. Jackson said...

You took a photo of the shirt?! I'm wagering that he saw a mirror image instead of the real deal. Say it ain't so!

Indian Lake Papa said...

The question is, are you still "the best!"

Life Adapted said...

Ye of little faith! I may just make y'all wait until the new year to tell you the end : )

R.M. Jackson said...

Nooooo! I can't take it back, but... would it help if I said that 'I would if I could'? ;)

Ok, I'm asking nicely... "Part 2, Pleeez!"