Saturday, December 26, 2009

Millefiori

I tried my hand at Millefiori. It was fun - but I'm not really good at it. There is definitely a learning curve. I am home alone, as I have the flu, so I am bored. If I am bored, guess what? It's only polite that you are bored with me. My family went to a semi-formal dinner dance tonight. They looked really nice. I couldn't get my girls to wear the new bracelets I made for them. They say they didn't match their dresses, but I suspect they just didn't like them. But they were very polite about it.



I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas day. I am planning my new year's resolutions for 2010 (do you say twenty-ten or two thousand-ten?). The first one is to get better at Millefiori and the second one is to get better - period.
Be blessed dear ones!

4 comments:

R.M. Jackson said...

I am not quite sure what Millefori is (although I do plan to Google it), but I think the bracelets look cute.

Oh, I say two thousand ten. :D

Blessings,
Ruth

Life Adapted said...

Hi Ruth,

I knew I could count on you for support of my "art." I use Sculpty Clay, though genuine Millefiore (thousand - flowers) is made with glass tubes fused together, sliced, rolled and polished. It's hard to imagine what the beads will look like before you slice them. You use a lot of clay before you actually get to see a bead and you can't separate the colors once you roll them together - so you're kind of committed to your design, hence the learning curve.

Thanks for your comments - I always appreciate you!

Happy New Year!

:)De said...

I like 'em! Especially the purple one. I had never heard of it either, but is seems neat.

So sorry you are sick with flu. I would never be bored sitting around talking with you and as for the 2010 thing, I think I am inclined to say "two thousand ten."

Peace

Life Adapted said...

Hi :)De, the funny thing is that I had a dream that we were sitting around talking to each other. I felt like I met you! And we were not bored - we laughed and laughed! Hopefully someday we can meet. About the Millefiori, thanks for the compliment.
Be blessed!