Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Great Ornament Exchange - Part II

"It's perfect! What do you think, family?" My kids were little then, 9, 7 and 5. My 9 year old daugter said, "It's beautiful, Mommy. Can we go to Italy someday?" To which I responded with a pat to her head and a, "Sure sweetie." My 7 year old daughter said, "It's ugly." To which I responded by sticking out my tongue. My 5 year old son said, "Do they sell baseball gloves here?" To which I responded, "Maybe Santa will bring you a glove." My husband said, "Here's $4.00, buy it." To which I responded with open palm, "Thanks sweetie." I bought the ornament with delight. I couldn't wait to go to my Bible study. I couldn't wait for the "ooohhh's and aaahhh's" over the blown glass ornament from Italy. I couldn't wait to give my ornament away. That was the best part, the giving, not the receiving. God loves a happy giver. I am a happy giver! I even bought a $2.00 gift bag with matching tissue paper to put the ornament in. I arrived at study with anticipation. Much to my surprise we were to place the ornaments on a tray in another room so no one knew who gave which ornament and we weren't suppose to tell . . . hmmm . . . I don't know how I feel about that . . . I mean I went to so much trouble . . . and on that tray was a (I can barely say it) a Dollar Tree angel. Not just a pretty angel but an ugly angel made of some kind of metal that was pitted. An angel that was . . . how do I say this . . . well endowed (and I'm not talking about the wings) . . . To be continued . . .

3 comments:

Parsley said...

Hide it quick. Trade it out for a pack of gum on a string. LOL

Life Adapted said...

Parsley, LOL!

:)De said...

well if not the wings...what else could you be talking about?!?!? LOL!!!!