Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Great Ornament Exchange - Part III

I knew in my heart that I was going to end up with that Dollar Tree angel with the big . . . um . . . er . . .front. God was dealing with me for some reason, I could feel that, but I didn't know why. I did not want that tacky ornament! After some prayer and food and fellowship, which was sweet (was I a little distracted??), we all sat down to read a story called The Three Trees. That's when the ornament tray came out. We each took an ornament off the tray. While the book was being read, every time the word tree was mentioned, we had to pass the ornament to the person on our right. I figured if I played this well, I could end up with a good ornament. My strategy was to take the angel because there were about 17 of us, how many times could the word tree be in one children's story? Much to my surprise, by the time we were only 1/2 way done with the book, I had that angel back in my hands. I began to worry and count and track ornaments. Some ladies were tearing up over the story (what story?) and not one of them were even concerned about the ornaments or the treasured blown glass ball from Italy as it passed through their hands. The second to last page had tree 5 times which brought the angel back into my hands. One page left - I felt sure tree would be mentioned again. The last page, the last line of the book reads: "The next time you feel down because you didn't get what you wanted, sit tight and be happy because God is thinking of something better to give you. The End." So, yeah folks, no tree, I got the angel . . . To be continued . . .

1 comment:

Parsley said...

That's my kind of luck. LOL