Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Sweatshirt - Part II

Phone call #1 went like this:
Caller: "Hi! I saw your son at the diner tonight. Oh my goodness, he got so big, I would have never recognized him if it weren't for his name on the back of his sweatshirt."
Me: "Was he behaving?"
Caller: "Yes, of course, he and his friends ordered whipped cream with their french fries and flirted a little with the waitress, it was cute. He's a cutie. It was all in good fun."
Me: "Thanks for calling."
Phone call #2 went like this:
Caller: "I just had to tell you I saw your son leaving the diner tonight. Actually, he held the door for me. I wasn't sure it was him until I saw his name on the back of his sweatshirt."
Me: "Was he behaving?"
Caller: "Yes, of course, he's a cutie."
Phone call #3:
Me: "Hello, was my son behaving?"
Caller: "Oh, you're so funny. Do you always answer the phone like that? I did see him at the movies, he was with his friends and of course, he was behaving. I like his sweatshirt."

When my son got home, before he even got up the stairs, I said, "Really, whipped cream with your french fries?" To which he replied, "Uh . . . huh? How'd you know?" To which I replied, "I'm watching you son." And every time he walks out the door I hand him his sweatshirt as I kiss him good-bye and say, "Don't forget son . . . I'm watching you." So, if you ever see him, just remember, I'm in the phonebook.

5 comments:

Parsley said...

Mirror mirror on the wall...who's the biggest sneak of all? ;)

Me? Suspicious?

R.M. Jackson said...

I will remember... but I bet I'll think he's a cutie too. LOL!

:)De said...

How sweet! I knew you would only get good reports because of the investment you made in him.

Parsley said...

Okay..I need clarification because I have no idea what you did. Yes..I am that dumb.

Life Adapted said...

Hi Parsley, I ironed our last name on the back of his sweatshirt (at his request) and then I make sure he wears it whenever he goes out. Everyone in town knows me, so everything he does, gets reported back. It's better than sticking a GPS in his pants because that would just give me bleep on a radar - this actually gets me info. because people call me when they see him : ) I know everytime he flirts with a waitress and everytime he jaywalks and everytime he buys a donut - heehee, he doesn't have a clue. Lucky for him he's a good boy - but the second he's not - I'll be on it!

Be Blessed.