Friday, January 15, 2010

P.S. On The Pink Uggs

UGG! I mean, AUGH! I sent another email to the company that I bought my daughter's Pink Ugg boots from, reminding them that satisfaction was 100% guaranteed. They sent a response that didn't make much sense to me. It said, (and I quote) "send us some photos as to the boots one size larger than you received." Huh? So, I told my daughter they were dumb and she said, "Mom, why did you get me real Ugg boots?" To which I replied, "because you asked for them." (duh) She said, "But don't you know it goes against my principles to spend $100.00 on boots that I could get at Payless for $40.00?" To which I replied, "Augh! Now you tell me!" I said, "I wanted to get you boots that would last and that you would love. The ones at Payless won't last as long as the Uggs." "But," she said, "I may not even like Pink Ugg boots next year." To which I replied, "Augh!" When I checked my email later there was a response from my friends at Ugg. They said that they would give me a 40% refund and I can keep the boots! I can't wait to tell my daughter I can now buy her imitation Pink Ugg boots from Payless and I can keep the ones that are too small for her (but fit me nicely) and the best part is that we will have matching boots! I bet she'll be thrilled, don't you think?

4 comments:

:)De said...

Ha ha on the matching boots thing. What a weird policy. They are willing to let you keep the boots for 60% less than listed... why not sell them for that in the first place?

Anonymous said...

Augh! Why couldn't they be a size too big? That would work ok. I think you give her a big HUGG and say, "I tried honey". I'm thinking you should do that right before you announce the matching boots plan.
Good luck and congrats to the Bloustein scholar in pink boots. Does that scholarship carry to TN? Or maybe 40% of it will be offered.
Love you guys, J

Parsley said...

Whew...now I feel better...and I'm sure you do too!

Life Adapted said...

:)De, my thoughts exactly!!

J, The Bloustein scholarship can only be used in NJ - so no % (not even 40) can be used if she goes to TN :( Cute - Hugg for Ugg - why haven't they used that in advertising?

Parsley, I knew you'd feel better.

Be blessed dear ones!